Started in 2007 to keep a track of gay films that I watched, this blog has come much further than I had planned. There are tons of movies that I need to watch and review here. Through this blog, I want to give you genuine, my personal heart-felt review of the films that I see. These are my personal thoughts and opinions about the films and I would love to hear your thoughts on these films as well. I always reply to comments in a day or two. Please help me make my blog more popular by becoming a member, following it and by recommending it to your friends. As far as I know this is one of the very very few gay movie review blogs where reviews are not linked or copy-paste imdb summary. Enjoy and do keep writing your feedback.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gay Short Films : 1

Twilight Of The Gods (Maori/English)
It's the story of a native hunter who nurses a wounded western soldier back to health, alone in a jungle. The two characters don't share a language, culture, values, or loyalties, but they form a bond nevertheless. By the time the hunter nurses the soldier back to life and love, the other soldiers get the hunter and brutally kill him. (4/10)

Sidste Kys (Danish) [The Last Kiss]
A man is talking to his lover who is leaving him to go because he thinks it is not working. The guy is losing it as he cannot understand what has gone wrong. At the end of 4 minute film you find that the dude was not talking to his love, rather his cock. The end shocks you. (6/10)

Baije-me Se For Capaz (Portuguese) [Kiss Me If You Can]
This 19 minute short film shows an honest portrayal of love in Sao Paolo. A guy keeps wondering when will he ever find true love and asks his best friend the same question. They both look for love and as unexpected as it can be they both ultimately find it. One through his dreams and other through a guy following him and then ultimately falling for him. (5.5/10)

Mivtzah YY (Hebrew) [Operation YY]
Ron, at 22, still lives with his parents. He barely knows the daylight hours and his nights are divided between his job as editor of wedding videos, chats on the Internet and futuristic fantasies. One night all the elements he toys with converge and, for the first time in his life, Ron is willing to risk an in-person human interaction. (4.5/10)

No comments: