Started in 2007 to keep a track of gay films that I watched, this blog has come much further than I had planned. There are tons of movies that I need to watch and review here. Through this blog, I want to give you genuine, my personal heart-felt review of the films that I see. These are my personal thoughts and opinions about the films and I would love to hear your thoughts on these films as well. I always reply to comments in a day or two. Please help me make my blog more popular by becoming a member, following it and by recommending it to your friends. As far as I know this is one of the very very few gay movie review blogs where reviews are not linked or copy-paste imdb summary. Enjoy and do keep writing your feedback.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

True Love (Short Stories)

This movie is another collection of seven short love stories explores the ups and downs of gay relationships. ach short represents a snap shot of gay life; growing up, growing old, and falling in & out of love. Although, the title "True Love" may not fully speak for the wide spectrum of perspectives in gay life shown in the 7 shorts, it does represent what each short's character was trying to find.

"A Christmas Story" - The collection starts with this silent film about a little boy and his gender-crossing attempts to get attention from his parents.
"Going Gay" - A sixteen-year-old boy in a car is shown fingering a necklace as his father grills him about being caught having sex with his best friend.
"History" - This one, shot mostly in an LA restaurant, tells a story of a gay uncle and his now-adult nephew dealing with their past.
"Sunday" - A well-worn couple spends their Sunday morning in bed telling a tale of immense love and devotion.
"He Was Perfect" - This is the story of a young man on a search for love, and a twisted couple he gets in the middle of.
"Staying Together" - At a dinner party, two men reinforce their love in the kitchen while their buddies speculate.
"A Little Drama" - The stunning conclusion is the story of Romeo and Juliet, a kiss, and the show's lighting panel operator.

Personally I thought 'He was Perfect' was best. This one actually if deigned properly can be made in a feature. 'History' was kind of cute. Seeing 2 old men still very much in love with each other was very heartening. Rest were all ok.

Another decent collection of shorts. Some good, some ok. (5/10)

No comments: